The presentation rehearsal studio is an ideal space on campus to practice and put the finishing touches on classroom presentations. The technology in the Studio is identical to technology available in Tech classrooms. The studio was built as a result of student and faculty feedback about the critical need for presentation rehearsal space on campus.
Two hour reservations are available any hours that the Library is open; when school is in session between Sunday noon - Friday 6 PM and Saturday 9 AM - 6 PM. The studio is located on 1 West [view map] adjacent to the Library West Commons.
- The studio is intended for the rehearsal of presentations.
- The room must be reserved in order to be used. No walk-in use without making a reservation.
- No food/drink
- The studio may be booked up to 2 weeks ahead
- Advance reservations will be accepted for a maximum of 2 hours per week for each group (2-10 members) or individual user.
- Groups may schedule the room for additional time (over the 2 hour limit), if no other groups have scheduled the room by the time of additional use.
- The room will be held for 15 minutes beyond reservation time for groups. After 15 minutes, reservations may be cancelled.
- Users are requested to turn the plasma screen off after use and to leave the room orderly.
- Please cancel your reservation online if you do not need to use the Studio or call the Information Services Desk at 404-894-4530.
- Users are requested to turn the plasma screen and digital camera off after use and to leave the room orderly.
|Presentation Podium||Dell Optiplex GX260 computer with Zip and CD (DVD) drives
Panasonic Pro-cision VHS with video cassette recorder input ports available
Live network connection for laptop
Electrical power outlet for laptop
Extron cable for connecting to the system
Samsung SyncMaster 15" monitor
|Speakers||left and right ceiling mounted speakers (stereo)|
|Projection||Panasonic 51" wall mounted plasma display|
|Additional Extron plug and cable for laptop
Additional VHS connections if required
|Controls all of the equipment
Same as panels found in A/V classrooms and the classrooms and meeting rooms at Technology Square.
|4 convenience panels
located on table tops
|Provide access to the network and electrical power for laptops
Not hooked into the projection equipment in the room.
|A/V recording equipment||Sony Remote Controlled Camera
Samsung Scan Master 17" flat screen monitor
Extron Signal Amplifier
Audio-technica sound mixer
Dell GX270 computer
Ceiling mounted microphones (2)
Remote control for camera operation
Accessory box is available for checkout from the Information Services Desk, with a Buzzcard or other ID kept for security.
|Box includes:||3' and 9' extron cables for hooking up laptops
external floppy drive
remote control for Plasma Screen
remote control for VCR
remote control for camera
For technology assistance users may:
- Ask for help at Information Services Desk
- Go to the http://classrooms.gatech.edu web page
- Refer to the handout at the podium
- Problems with the technology in the studio can be reported 24 hours per day to the OIT Machine Room at (404) 894-4669.